I’m quite interested in woodworking as a hobby. As you can see from the below images, I’ve made some beams for our cabin and have started doing some furniture. I have an indoor bench I made that I need to upload here too and will when I get time.
For an explanation of my images:
- The jig I used to mill my lumber. I have a 36″ bar for that chainsaw which allows me to mill all but the biggest trees around here.
- We needed several beams for our cabin and had a downed oak the power company cut so we gave it a new purpose. I calculated that we needed 10″ beams and we were able to get that.
- Another picture showing how massive this tree was.
- The beams, full length of about 24′.
- The cut beams up at the cabin, getting ready to be installed. We cut them down to 17′
- A flat cut showing what the little chainsaw mill can do.
- This is a planing jig using a router that I built. It works pretty well but I’ll likely keep tweaking the design.
- This was my first piece of finished furniture; a coat rack using railroad spikes. Its made from cherry. I liked how it turned out.
- We have more of these outdoor benches than I know what to do with. They are easy to make with the mill.